Monday, December 6, 2010

Catching Up....


Katelyn went to New York and this is what our room looked like the day before she left. There were also clothes hung in the hallway and both bathrooms as well. Gotta love times like these :)




 

This semester I have been a coordinator for Talent Activities on campus. This was my last show of the semester that I was over (Acoustic Cafe II) Tyler, Mallory and Jessica did such a good job! They were the dream team managers. But they really were. I'm not just saying that. For real.





Over Thanksgiving Break all my roommates left, but Susie stayed an extra day. I love Susie soo much and I feel like we have bonded a lot this semester. We stayed up late talking about everything and then watched a movie and fell asleep. In the morning we went to the temple, then to lunch accompanied by her brother Arley, followed by a fabulous photo shoot. 

Something you should probably know: Activities are a BIG deal in our ward. I used to be the activities coordinator and wen I was released Susie was put in my spot. So we took it upon ourselves to plan a little activity for those people who were left. We called our AMAZING bishop and asked to go hot tubbing at their house. They said they wouldn't be home, but we were welcome to come and they would leave treats for us and we could watch a movie or whatever. I LOVE OUR BISHOP! 

Susie and me

One of my old roommates, Anne, came too!



Bishop and his wife finally got home and we talked and then most people went home. Susie, Arley, Anne and I stayed though and tht is when the real party started! We sang karaoke and talked some more and ended up breaking curfew because they wouldn't let us leave! We are so blessed to have them :)





The other day we went over to our friends house for lemon pancakes (sounds disgusting, I know, but they are actually soo good!) These friends happen to be in a band called The Climbing (who also happen to be soo good) so they have all this recording equipment.


They got this genius idea to record a Christmas song and we could all sing! So I had my first (and most likely last) recording session! We sang Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and my solo line was "If the fates allow." (We each had a solo line and we sang together for the chorus.) I was pretty much the only one who didn't actually sing and it was terrifying! I was shaking! But it was still soo cool!




Haley and Bennett are here! Saturday we picked out a Christmas tree and decorated the house. Because I lack decorating ability, I helped Dad put the lights on the house outside while Mom, Haley and Courtney did the inside. It was fun to all be together.

Bennett and me. Hie is so thrilled to have his picture taken for the hundredth time. cant you tell :)

Bringing the tree in

I held the tree while Dad tightened it. Haley said it was the most manly thing she has ever seen me do.






Katelyn needed a picture of "procrastination" for a project she is working on so this was our interpretation that we made in like 15min. Life is so fun sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment