Sunday, February 12, 2012

Allison's Life (As Told By Katelyn)

I think it's safe to say that Allison's fingernail polish is quite temperamental. 

Tucked away in our cozy little apartment, it isn't unusual to find her sitting on the couch, covered in her bright pink blanket, redoing her nails for the 1st (or 2nd) time. 

It's highly entertaining. 

Most of the time, I like to sit across from her on the couch and watch her do it, while I work on my homework. (That sounds kind of creepy, but it really isn't.)

It's a process.

  • Get rid of the current peeling nail polish. 
  • Paint the tip of the nail white.
  • Use a q-tip and nail polish remover to create the perfect curvular shape.
  • Blow dry.
  • Cover entire nail with a clear coat. 

She doesn't do all of her nails at the same time. Usually it's only two or three. Sometimes more, depending on the day. 

Regardless, within a few hours, it seems as though one of those pesty buggers always seems to fall off. Even during stake conference. 

In other news...

Allison's life is quite wonderful! 

Although I've never actually been to or seen her work, she always comes home happy -- and it seems to be going very well. I'm always hearing random, funny, or interesting stories about the going-ons in the office. And I particularly enjoy the cookies that she brings home to me sometimes. (Those things are good stuff.) 

This weekend, Allison joined Britt and I on her first-ever Fat Friday (which is a fancy way of saying girls night out at a restaurant). We went to the Olive Garden and ate a ridiculous amount of salad and bread sticks. Afterwards, we came home and watched Finding Neverland.

Yesterday, Allison was incredibly productive.

She has made it a habit to clean the kitchen and living room on her day off. (Which we all appreciate mucho grande.) She also did some laundry as well. To finish off her streak, she made all of us some yummy macaroni. Later, we all went to stake conference. We were in the 2nd row, which meant we had to be on our best behavior because the stake president could see us clearly. 

Afterwards, we both rushed home, and our dates came and picked us up a few minutes later. 
We spent the night eating pizza and then playing pool. 

Apparently Allison is really good at spaz. In fact, she was so good that one boy in particular was getting frustrated, because she beat him. It was pretty epic. 

Which brings us to today. This morning was stake conference, then we all came home, took naps, and have been really boring ever since. Allison did get to level 10 on tetris though, that was pretty cool. She taught me how to play, which was dangerous, because now I'm afraid of getting addicted. I've seen what that game has done to too many of my friends to let myself get attached.

As for this coming week, Britt, Allison, and I are all going to the Lady Antebellum concert on Tuesday...to celebrate our lack of boyfriends on Valentines day. And then later this week, Allison is headed up to Rexburg, to join her dad, to head up to her brother's, to meet her new niece. 

Consider yourself updated! :)

..........

Random pictures (by Allison):


Happy Birthday Patux!


Katelyn and I were invited to some guys apartment for hot wings and games. We made a deal that if we won the game we could sign our names on the table. I don't think they thought we had a chance, but they didn't know what they were up against. I completely dominated


Another puzzle that Britt and I finished in only two days!


Getting the mail for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment