Sunday, October 14, 2012

Road Trip

Yesterday, I woke up and realized that I had nothing to do.
So I made the extended movie to our family reunion - the road trip with Evelyn, Jackson and Adalie!


My dad, Courtney and I drove with these three from Rexburg to Oklahoma, and then Texas. Mom joined us for the trip back from Texas to Utah.
It was such a fun trip!

The following pictures were taken by Evelyn

Jackson was the best sleeper
 I kind of have a reputation for never driving on road trips, and it's true. I'm not the biggest fan of driving and if someone else is willing, I will gladly give up the drivers seat. However, this trip, I actually drove!  

DJ Courtney

Courtney was in the passenger seat showing off her expertise on kids songs. We had Evelyn, Jack and Addy all dancing in the back seat while my dad showed off his well known skills of being able to sleep anywhere and through anything. Courtney and I were just as into the music as the kids were, jamming out, showing off our best dance moves.... that's when I saw the lights flash behind me.

Are you kidding me!?

With my warning and police badge sticker

My first thought was that my dance moves had gone too far and I was being pulled over for drunk driving. I knew I wasn't speeding, there were no cars in sight for miles, and I couldn't think of any reason why I would be puled over.

I have a good history of being pulled over for stupid things:
- Driving through a crosswalk with someone in it (It's Rexburg! Everyone does this or we would never move! I actually got an $85 ticket)

Well, now I have one more to add to the list:

Driving on the left side of the road!

What? Is that really a law? 
Apparently so.

The best part was Addy in the back yelling at me to "Go Allison! Go!" 
She got very upset any time we stopped. The traffic jam on the way home about killed her.

Luckily, the police officer was nice and just gave me a warning. 

Addy with her sticker from the police man

He also gave us stickers, which the kids thought were pretty cool!

On the way home Evelyn said to me "Umm.... Allison, next time you drive, can you not get pulled over? K?"

Thanks Ev  :)

Anyway, it was a great trip and it deserves to be documented. 
So, without further Adieu, here it is!
enjoy!


p.s.  I also made some changes to the audio of the Family Reunion movie so the talking can actually be heard over the music. Sorry, I didn't know it would sound so different on TV instead of my computer. Live and learn.

2 comments:

  1. Generally speaking, unless you are in another country where they drive on the left, driving on the left side of the road is illegal ;)

    But seriously, it's actually a law in most states that you have to stay in the right lane unless you are passing someone. It's actually illegal in some states to not yield to someone trying to pass you (a.k.a getting back into the right lane), even if you are going over the speed limit.

    I wish people knew and followed these laws. There would be a lot less traffic and a lot less road rage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. why didn't you tell me these ridiculous laws sooner!?

    ReplyDelete