Monday, October 22, 2012

3 Hour Burritos

Yesterday, I decided to make Spinach & Beef Burritos. I got the recipe years ago in Young Womens. They are about the simplest burritos you could possibly make -  so simple a Beehive could make them! 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . 

Spinach & Beef Burritos

Ingredients:
- Hamburger
- Onion
- Enchilada Sauce
- Spinach
- Seasonings
- Cheese

Brown Hamburger and onions. Add whatever seasonings you want. Add 1 cup enchilada sauce. Then add 3 cups chopped fresh spinach. Spray 9x13 pan. Put hamburger/spinach mixture and grated cheese in flour tortillas, roll. Pour more enchilada sauce and cheese over all. cover with foil. Bake at 350* for 20 min. Serve with sour cream, green onions and tomatoes.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

My thoughts were as follows: "here's a simple, fast, easy recipe..."

I guess I should have thought again!
At least on the "fast" part.

For some reason these babies took me three hours to make! 
No exaggeration. 

Three hours! 

I don't even know how I made it take that long!  
I'm pretty sure dragging this simple recipe out for that long deserves a recognition of it's own.... hence the blog post, I guess.

I chopped onions, cooked hamburger, added spinach and enchilada sauce.... even now, I haven't the slightest idea how it took me three hours.
That's almost one ingredient per hour!
ridiculous. 

Chelsey was awesome and sat in the kitchen and talked with me the whole time.
What a good roommate.

The really sad part is that by the time they came out, I had snitched so much that I wasn't even hungry anymore. 
Who can cook for three hours and not eat any of it. honestly. 

Lets just say that after three hours, I was a little disappointed with the outcome.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I ended up doubling the recipe somehow - another mystery that is yet to be solved - so in addition to my full pan of Spinach & Beef Burritos, I also have a full tupperware of Spinach & Beef filling ready to make a second batch.

Anyway, this is more than you ever wanted to know about spinach and beef and burritos, but it took me three hours, so I feel like this blog post has to somehow do justice to that three hours of my life that were swindled away by the making of said burritos.


Yay for Spinach & Beef Burritos!

1 comment:

  1. I love your burrito story. I'm going to start cooking a couple of nights a week and you've inspired me to put burritos in my repertoire . . . along with spaghetti and gyoza. I'm glad Chelsey was there to keep you company. She's the best. AND, I'm glad you're eating. I love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete