Monday, July 20, 2015

May, June & July

So.... I guess I'm a little behind on this blogging thing.
Time for a some catch up - Get ready for a long post with a lot of pictures!


May


He always has his hand above his head.
Clayson sleeps like this every night.

First things first: We're having a boy!
We made them take the ultrasound early because I turned 26 and got kicked off my parents awesome insurance. 
That was sad.


Alyssa and I have birthdays one day apart. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings at work to celebrate.




We were in Burley for Mothers Day and they gave all the mothers flowers. I got a few extras to plant my first "garden". 
I learned that gardening is not my strength. These flowers are completely dead now.


Alyssa and I went to Denver for a work conference. 
This is the hotel lobby that we stayed at. It was nice.


Dr Cannon got me dried pineapple! 


For breakfast we would go to the hotel restaurant. I would get oatmeal (the cheapest thing on the menu, but so delicious) and Alyssa would bring her own fruit and breakfast bars. We had the same waitress every day and she was so sweet. I think she felt bad for us and the last day she bought our breakfast for us. We left her all the cash we had for a tip and wrote her a thank you note on random pieces of paper we could dig out of our purses. 
She was the best waitress  :)

Also in the month of May, we went on The Heber Creeper with family to celebrate Memorial Day


June

I went to the doctor and he told me that I needed to gain more weight. 
He recommended ice cream. 
I think I can handle that!


I realized after I came home from the doctor that I had forgotten to tell him I was sick the previous 3 days and was pretty much living off of honey water. So yeah, I had probably lost some weight, but I don't think it was as bad as he thought. 
But if it gets me ice cream, I'm good with that! 

Maternity Shirt!
23ish Weeks

Now my weight is, in his words, "perfect." 
It's good to hear that sometimes.


We had a full house for the month of June! My brother Griffin and Clayson's cousin Taylor both stayed with us. It was a party every night! We watched a lot of Star Wars and basketball and played a lot of Coup (a really fun card game). 
I was definitely out-numbered by the boys, but Clayson keeps reminding me that I should just get used to it. I guess he's right!

Supporting the Jazz
20ish Weeks

Next time we need some girls to stay with us so we can watch chick flicks and paint nails. 
Any takers?  :)

Reading - Clayson is definitely the favorite

My parents offered to watch my brothers kids for 10 days while they celebrated their aniversary. 
We went to Rexburg the first weekend to help my mom out a little.

Picture Credit: Evelyn

I always love spending time with these kids!


We took a trip to Bear World! 


They had baby bears, but no one was watching them because this peacock was across from them.
I always thought bears were more exciting than birds, but I guess I was wrong.


The petting zoo at Bear World


The highlight of the day was the rides!


We all had a good time at Bear World!


Evelyn had fun with my phone.


It was a busy and fun trip!
Clayson says we might just have two kids and call it good. 
So much for his starting line up for his basketball team  :)


July

The whole Searle family

We went to Burley to pick up Clayson's brother, Zach, from his mission.


We crammed 16 people into a 12 passenger van. Good times  :)


All the Siblings back together


We also celebrated the 4th of July in Burley!


We spent the day at Dirkes Lake swimming and cliff jumping. 

Clayson working on the farm

Clayson always gets some farm work in whenever we go to Burley. This time, I joined him for some of it!
His siblings call him "City Boy" but he's still a farm boy at heart  :) 


The next weekend we were back in Burley for Zach's homecoming talk and a family reunion.


This is me trying to get both Savannah and me in the picture. 
I've never been good at selfies. 


Now we are home again and finally starting to get ready for baby boy!
 
Every kid needs a penguin pillow. Right?

Way to make it through 3 months of catch-up!
Now I'll hopefully stay a little more up to date on this blog. 

Life is good!









1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the update and pictures! I loved it!! :) - MyKel

    ReplyDelete