Monday, January 24, 2011

Gotta Love It

Activities Meeting

I love serving in church callings! I was called to the Activities Chair about two years ago at the same time as our amazing bishopric was put in. We were all learning together and the leadership of the ward got pretty close and it hooked me to organizing events and being front and center and in charge of situations. I love it!


London

When I came back from Europe I was never given a calling because it was awkward timing. Because I was used to running everything (Activities was a HUGE job in our ward), I didn't like sitting around, so I gave myself self-proclaimed callings. I was the un-official substitute chorister and I discovered Indexing! I love Indexing!


Now I am called to the Ward Bulletin and as of today I am now officially a Ward Indexer. I seriously have the best callings! I feel like I have become the "filler calling" person. Today in Ward Counsel I was asked to be the Ward Photographer until someone else was called. Last week I was told to get a list from the Executive Secretaries of all the callings that have been made so I could keep track of them for the bishopric. Isn't that what the Executive Secretaries are for? But, whatever!


Preparing food for a Ward Activity

Over the semesters I haven't really lost my callings 100% they more just decrease in priority, but are still there. For example, they just got new Activities Chair people, so I helped out a lot with the Ward Game Night we had. And when the Activities went up to Green Canyon early to set up, Brother Kerbs put me in charge of making sure everyone had a ride up. It's not my calling anymore, but I still love doing it.


I counted the "callings" that I have done this week and I came up with:

- Ward Bulletin
- Indexing
- Chorister
- Calling person
- Photographer
- Activities

Just today I fulfilled the first 4 listed. And what do I get from this? Today I got chicken, pasta salad, cookies and good company during Relief Society.



Gotta love it  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment