Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ice Fishing



Drilling the hole



This is actually the police man coming to get us in trouble. He yelled at me to stop taking pictures. He asked Porter for his fishing license, which he had, and the rest of us said we were just taking pictures. Then he asked Porter what the rules were, which he knew. The police man couldn't have gotten us in trouble anyway because we hadn't actually started fishing yet. 





I had fun taking pictures





Setting the pole up


Preparing the line.




My favorite picture from the trip


Playing Fox and Geese






Our stunned little fish


We caught three fish throughout the trip! This one swallowed the hook so we weren't able to let it go.


We named him Jasper.


He was still alive when we got him home and flipped all around our apartment and in our sink. He was not ready to die! Poor guy. Now he's in our freezer


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those pictures are GORGEOUS! Love them so much! I feel kind of bad for that little fishy though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these today and thought about your run-in with the police officer:

    http://store.petapixel.com/products/Photographers-Rights-Gray-Card-Set.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katelyn - Thank you so much! I really enjoyed taking them. I was able to get some cool stuff I thought. I felt so bad for the fish too! We honestly had to kill him like 5 times! He was the fish that wouldn't die!

    Matt - That police officer was weird. I was about 10 feet away from the rest of the group laying on my back with my big camera and for some reason he was so concerned about me! He probably asked at least 3 times what I was doing and didn't seem to believe that I was taking pictures, despite all the evidence and the fact that he had already told me to stop taking pictures. The card is not a bad idea, but the price is ridiculous! Maybe I'll type my own card up for free....

    p.s. It makes me happy that you guys actually read my blog :)

    That was really long.

    ReplyDelete