Sunday, January 2, 2011

I like to bear my testimony, I know this church is true.....


I went to church at my home ward today and I think half the Primary bore their testimony. Every one of them began with "I like to bear my testimony, I know this church is true...." As more and more children went up the repetition was kind of humorous, but there was also an honesty to their testimonies that I don't think you can get anywhere else. This was all of their basic testimonies:

"I like to bear my testimony, I know this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. I know that President Monson is a true prophet. I know that the spirit guides me. I know that my family loves me and Heavenly Father and Jesus love me."

 The truth to their words is so powerful to me! When it comes down to it, that is what really matters in the Gospel and I am so grateful for it. That is what a testimony should be. Thank you to the children who keep the right perspective and remind me by their quiet example to remember what really matters in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment