Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Social Homebody

This is one of my favorite pictures ever because all of those people just showed up with no invitation and none of them had any relation to each other.
<3 Classic <3

I have always been a homebody who never wants to go out and do things. I have been known to turn down many an invitation to go out ever since I was old enough to go to friends’ houses. I just love coming home at the end of the day and knowing that I don’t have to go anywhere. I’m home. I’m done.



This may come as a surprise to a lot of people. I think I have a tendency to come across as a very social person – always in the middle of things that are happening with big groups of people. That is probably because I often am that person. I love people! I feed off of their energy! Even if I’m dead tired I have to be awake and out in the middle of things. 

All these people spontaneously showed up one night when the power went out all over Rexburg

A walking contradiction, right?

This was a random grouping of people I didn't really know, but they showed up on the 4th of July and the rest is history! (I actually still don't know who some of those people are)
Wrong.


I love to be home. I love to be with people.


Simple solution: The people come to me!

Between conference sessions


Stadium Singing after dinner

My whole life, people have been coming to me! Growing up there were always somebody’s friends over at our house, some college student, some relative. Now that I’ve moved out, people still keep popping up! FHE brothers, neighbors, ward members, dates, friends, friends’ friends….. We never seem to have a shortage of people. Infact, sometimes we have a surplus, and we don’t know what to do with them all!

This is right outside our apartment with my favorite FHE brothers ever! They are still frequent visitors :)

It works out really conveniently for my social homebody-ness.

 Making a toilet bomb with Brother Kerbs aftre a ward activity and all these people suddenly appeared. Including some who aren't even in our ward! (This is also outside our apartment)

Sometimes they are invited. Sometimes they are not. Sometimes they are wanted. Sometimes they are not. Some people are easy to have over. Some people are not.  


Some people come over, sit down, and then stare at us as if o say "Go!" and then we're suposed to dance around and entertain them. These people drive me NUTS! My new philosophy is: they weren't invited, so I have no obligation towards them. If they want to sit and watch me do homework/eat/watch tv/facebook/blog/whatever I happen to be doing at the time, then they can go right ahead and watch. Believe me, a surprising number of people actually do stay for this. It's beyond me why. 


We have one guy who brought all his games and puzzles to our apartment and left them so we can be ready at a moments notice. (we actually really do like him coming over because he does so in moderation, but we just think it's funny)


One guy comes over no less than five times a day. Thats all I have to say about that one.

Sometimes when we have spontaneous groups, we do spontaneous things. Like go to McDonalds.
Also, we have no clue who those three guys are in the back.

We have three boyfriends in the apartment who are almost 7, 8, and 9th roommates. (They're usually pretty good too, but they couldn't be left out)


On the whole, we really do enjoy that people like to be with us. I take it as a compliment. And I wouldn't change it if I could. but sometimes we just need some time to ourselves.

This picture doesn't have anyone extra IN it, but I put it in because the guy TAKING the picture showed up 5min before curfew because he was graduated. We made him stand outside. There is never a safe hour!


We decided last night as an apartment that we will not allow people to come over on Sundays between the times of 6:00 and 8:00. That is OUR time! Thanks :)





2 comments:

  1. I love you Allison. You know yourself so well. And, other people love you too because you are you. See you for lunch tomorrow.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! There are so many happy memories in those pictures! I will cherish the moments we spend as friends (with our friends) for the rest of my life! I love it, and I love being around YOU! Your dad is totally right...Can't wait to see you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete