Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rock Opera (Funeral Dress)

Random! Like this post:


Tonight Jack called and invited me to a rock opera concert. To top it off it was funeral dress. The whole thing sounded so random and bizarre that I couldn't pass it up!

Once upon a time, Constance was mourning her dead lover "old bones." then Constance falls in love with Frederick. Old Bones gets jealous and says he will destroy Frederick if she doesn't return to him (yes, old bones is dead. weird, i know) so because she loves Frederick so much she abandons him to save his life from Old Bones. Frederick doesn't understand and kills himself because he is so miserable. So now Constance has indirectly killed both her lovers. Then Frederick's past lover comes and blames Constance for his death and she comes at her with an axe. Constance comes back and stabs her, killing her. Then Constance proceeds to dig up Old Bones' grave with her bare hands so she can burry Frederick's past lover there and dispose of her body. Then Constance goes mad and lays herself in the grave next to Old Bones and vows never to love again. The End.

Happy little story, isn't it.

What I got from this morbid tale:

Don't deal with dead people. They're nothing but trouble.

I never want to love, because everybody will DIE because of me! I've already killed enough people out there. sorry if that was you. Don't worry, one day I'll go mad and kill myself and then you can feel justified in your revenge.

Why did they do this in March? So random! I think it would be much more appropriate (and possibly less disturbing in an odd way) in October. Very Halloween.

Don't get me wrong, it was actually really interesting and I enjoyed it! It was also just really strange.....

Oh yeah! Jack and I were commenting on what a good voice Old Bones had. I later saw that Old Bones was played by Jon Peter Lewis! ha! he was American Idol 8th runner up season 3 or something like that. He was in my ward a few semesters ago and we did NOT get along very well together. I think we would fight every time we talked to each other. Our personalities just don't mesh at all! Anyway, I thought that was funny and kind of ironic. I guess this is what life is like post American Idol. ha!

P.S.  this is JPL singing

3 comments:

  1. This was cool but confusing:) ....and creepy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I'm kind of disappointed. I got a MUCH longer rendition of the plot of this opera last night and I'm not sure your blog does it justice ;)

    Oh well. At least I can expect you will someday kill yourself because you BROKE MY HEART!!!
    But please, seriously, don't kill yourself.

    ReplyDelete