Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ink

Meet Ink


She is our mentally handicapped bipolar cat who thinks she is a dog.

If you come visit our house, you won't see her. This is because she is afraid of people and will hide for days, even weeks at a time if someone is visiting us.

Once she warms up to you though, there is no getting rid of her. She will follow you around the house and constantly be under foot, rubbing against your legs.

She is the most skittish cat you will ever meet. At the slightest noise, she will suddenly dart out of the room to hide. Sometimes we don't even know what spooked her!

She likes to snuggle and lick you, then suddenly decide to bite and attack you. Sometimes she will chase her tail. She comes when you call, begs for food, and will eat any food. Tonight I also found out that she is well trained and very obedient.

I came home from work (at the photo lab, which I thoroughly enjoy) and I was hungry, so I decided to make myself some instant oatmeal. As I waited the 30sec. for it to heat up, Ink found me and went to work rubbing away at my legs. I almost tripped on her as I carried my oatmeal into the living room to curl up on the couch in my fleece blanket. (I have been freezing all week!)

There is nothing Ink loves better than to lay on your stomach, burry her face in fleece, and drool to her hearts content. She eagerly jumped on top of me and began to situate herself.

I don't know if you noticed in the above picture, but Ink is a big cat and she has a lot of fur that is always shedding. I didn't particularly want her fur on my blanket and I had to keep moving my bowl higher and higher to keep her tail from getting into my food. Before Ink had a chance to get situated, I decided that now, when I was trying to eat, was not the time to snuggle. I explained this to her and asked her to please get down, which she obliged to. The fleece, however was too tempting, and after eying it for a while she made a second attempt. I, again, told her no and she got down. I could see her looking longingly at the fleece and I was sure she would make another attempt, but she decided to compromise instead.


She put her front paws on the couch, found a little corner of the blanket, and promptly buried her face in it.


She stayed this way until I finished my oatmeal.


Then I let her lick the bowl.


She is one unique cat.












3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I cannot tell you how happy this made me! Thank you so much for being nice to my mentally handicapped kitty. She needs a friend :) I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "our mentally handicapped bipolar cat who thinks she is a dog." haha I seriously love when animals have such unique personalities, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cat and look forward to meeting it someday. No, really. It sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but I'm actually really excited to meet your cat.

    ReplyDelete