Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One more day of work!

Yesterday, at work, a lady came in for a new patient consultation and she brought her two year old son. He was good, but very active. He had no interest in sitting and playing with anything, but he preferred to push anything that would move - the box the blocks went in, several different roller chairs, and the bead maze made it's way around the entire office before we could get him back to the main area. While him mom was talking to Dr. Summers, this little guy became my new job (I usually end up being the babysitter in these kinds of situations, mostly because I have a lack of responsibility and would much rather play with small children than actually do my job and work with patients.)

At one point I was kneeling on the ground, unsuccessfully trying to interest him in playing with a block that you could put your hand in. He stared at me with a little smile on his face, then he ran back into the consult room with his mom. I gave up on the block idea and looked up to talk to Brandie (receptionist) and Tenille (another assistant). Suddenly, out of nowhere, he came running and jumped on top of my back! I was so surprised that I almost lost my balance! Brandie and Tenille laughed as I tried to shake him off through my own laughter, but this kid was going nowhere! He was so pleased with himself! He had his mouth wide open in the biggest smile and he thought he was the funniest thing in the world. I decided I would at least take advantage of his attachment to me and carried him piggy-back to the waiting room where I was finally able interest him in pushing blocks back and forth with me. His mom felt bad for the "free babysitting" but it was the best part of my day!

Anyway, that was a pointless story, but I really have nothing to say these days, sorry. The point is that I love my job (especially when it involves working with kids) and I love the people I work with and (I know I've said this way too many times before, but this time is for reals) tomorrow is my last day of work!

Kind of bittersweet.


This is a picture that I took that has no point to it, other than I thought this was a boring post and this is my attempt to liven it up a bit.
I think I failed.

2 comments:

  1. I think a picture of people would have livened it up a little more. Just sayin... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! all my people left me! all I have is nature :)

    ReplyDelete