Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kabuki

Today was Kim's (Hygienist) birthday! To celebrate we went to dinner at a Japanese restaurant called Kabuki. It was so good!

It's one of those fun restaurants where they make the food in front of you and make a show out of it. I didn't think of taking my camera out until they made an onion volcano, but by that time, it was pretty much over. oh well, use your imagination. It was cool!


I sat by Kandace, who is the Hygienist filling in for Kim while she is on maternity leave. We had no idea what anything on the menu was, so we decided we would each get a roll that was NOT raw and then share so that we could have more choice.


This is what I got! It had shrimp, lettuce, and avocado in it. I have no idea what it was called, but it was good!


The sauce is eel sauce! I was a little skeptical and it almost stopped me from getting it, but the Happy Hour price was too good to resist. All I can say is, if you ever get the chance to eat eel sauce, do it! Best decision I've ever made.


Kandace got the Philadelphia roll. She gagged one bite down and then announced that she was done. Guess who finished off her plate for her  :)  Don't worry, I generously shared with Ben (the new Hygienist's assistant) and Dr Gordon too. Ben gave me the last bite of his giant roll and it was delicious!


I don't know if it was because we told them it was Kim's birthday, or if it was normal, but they gave us free ice cream! I was so full that I told Kandace she could have it (since I ate her whole dinner) but then I had a bite, and it was so good I had to eat it all!

Food always makes for a good night.

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of an episode of "The Office"! They go to a restaurant like this. You are very brave to eat sushi. I tried it once (it had tofu in it) and I gagged and spit it out. Does that hygienist really spell her name like mine? That's cool (and weird)! I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love sushi! She probably doesn't spell her name like that, but I'm just in the habit because of you. Feel good that you set the standard :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still skeptical of eel sauce.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete