Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Homeless Aliens & Shoes

Last night I took my green blanket outside to lay on as I looked at the stars. The night was warm and I was waiting for my parents to call. I was enjoying the peace of the night when I suddenly hear

"Hey! What are you doing?"

This voice belonged to a little girl looking out her window on the third floor. I was a little surprised so I didn't say anything. Then she yells to her brother "Come over here, you've gotta see this!" 

Her brother joins her at the window. "What is it?"

The little girl knowledgeably responded "It's a person and I don't like it." Then she shouts, "Hey! Go away!"

"No, that's mean!" was the brothers immediate response. "Does he have a home?"

There was silence following this question as they pondered how I came to sit on the grass outside their window. I was thoroughly amused by the whole thing and wondered what would come next. I was not disappointed.

The little boy seemed to have figured out what was going on and told his sister, "We don't even know if it's a person. I think it's an alien!" 

Hahaha! I've said this before, but little kids are the best!

I decided to move so that I wouldn't disturb the children and give them nightmares of homeless aliens.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Tonight I went to leave and couldn't find my shoes anywhere! It was a little concerning because I rarely lose things, especially something like shoes. I asked Katelyn if she had seen them, but she hadn't. Where could they be?

I did the whole "where is the last place you saw them / retrace your steps" trick and the answer came to me - the homeless alien!

You know the weather is getting nice when I start losing my shoes. I honestly forget that I have them on and I walk away without them and don't think twice about it until 24 hours later! Such was the case from last night when I was talking to my parents. The shoes came off and I never even noticed.

Thankfully, I live in a pretty descent place and they were right where I had left them. 

Shoes = found!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

The Moral of the Story: Don't trust your shoes to Homeless Aliens!









1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen a good Office reference in ages. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete