Friday, November 2, 2012

Lead Kindly Light

I have been so extremely blessed in my life and lately I have been overwhelmed with gratitude. 

I have had Lead Kindly Light playing through my head for weeks now. 
Listen to the words. Really listen to them. 

I feel like this song is speaking directly to me at this time in my life.

I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan - That He has a plan specifically for me.
I have no idea what that plan is, but He is lighting the way for me. 
It is only a small light in the distance, but I am walking towards it - 

One step here.... 

Another step there.... 

These steps can be scary, but I am not taking them alone. I have never been left alone. 
My Savior is with me. 
He has always taken care of me and things have always worked out. 
Always. 
Even better than I imagined they could!

So why would I think He would leave me now?
He wouldn't.
He never will.

I'm trying this new thing called trusting in the Lord - letting Him lead.
Not just when His plan happens to coincide with mine, but trusting before I even make my plans.
I'm letting Him make the plans. 
Being someone who likes to have control, this can be tough. 
But, let me tell you, He has some good ideas!

Now all I have to do is Trust.





Lead, kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom,
Lead Thou me on;
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead Thou me on.
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou
Shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now
Lead Thou me on.
I loved the garish day, and spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will: Remember not past years.

So long Thy pow'r has blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone.
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile.






<3







p.s.  the link on Lead Kindly Light is awesome and worth listening to





1 comment:

  1. Allison, your blog has inspired me. You are a wonderful person . . . how blessed mom and I are to have you for a daughter. Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete