Friday, April 1, 2011

I swear, there are forces working against me

Finals week.

I map out my plan to get all my work done without killing myself. 

Today's project: printmaking.

I've been rationing my printmaking work all week so all I have to do today is print.
The paper has to soak for an hour before you can print on it, so the first thing I do when I get there is put my paper in so I can be efficient with my time.
I then go to get my plate ready. 

One problem: After emptying my drawer repeatedly, I was finally forced to admit to myself that my plate was gone!

I took my paper out and began a brand new plate.

A whole weeks worth of work wasted!

I finally get my plate back to the point where it's ready to print.
I put my paper in to soak again.
Then I go to ink my plate.

One problem: After searching all the studio classes in the Spori and giving up hope of the lab assistant coming back, I was finally forced to face the harsh reality that the ink is gone!

Some girl decided to use the printmaking ink for some project she was doing for some other class.

Fine.
Use it.
Just not when I need it!

This is my class, therefor I get priority.
 This is standard, common knowledge in the Art department!

Give me my ink back!

Four and a half hours later.

I return home with nothing to show for my time except smelly hands and a lost rank in Tetris.

Maybe I should pick up on the hint that I'm just not supposed to print today.

But I wont.

I'll return to the dreaded printmaking lab tonight.

And my ink better be there!

Until then, I'm going to eat.
Something I haven't done since 10:00am

It is now 8:00pm



No comments:

Post a Comment