Monday, May 9, 2011

22

I have never had a hard time with birthdays and getting older, but this year was different. Not that my life is bad - I feel extremely blessed! - but I just never imagined my life would be how it is when I turned 22. Mostly it comes down to the fact that everyone I know is leaving, I am about to graduate and I have NO idea what I am going to do with myself. I am scared to death!

Last night my roommate had already gone to bed and the light was already off. Not wanting to wake her with the light, I opened my scriptures randomly and read by the light of my phone:


"Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;

Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament - the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.

Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and my names glory, saith the Lord."

Doctrine and Covenants 98:1-3


I read these verses over and over. Although the circumstances this was given was different, I feel that I was being spoken to directly. I am going through my own affliction of a different kind. I know the Lord is aware of me and my needs and that He will never leave me alone. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and for the  plan that my Heavenly Father has for me.

Now I just need the patience to follow that plan....

3 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite scriptures. I love the word immutable.

    Immutable: not capable of or susceptible to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! izzy! you read my blog! i definitely did not expect to see your name, but i think it just made my whole day :) and thanks for your comment! I didn't know that's what it meant and it makes me love this scripture that much more!

    ReplyDelete