Thursday, May 19, 2011

What Goes Around, Comes Around

We have a room at work where we store all our models, decorations, and whatever else needs to be stored. I take great pride in organizing that room.

I have "quit" my job and then gone back several times over the years. Every time I go back my beautiful organized room is filled with new junk and I get to clean it all up again.

One of these times (about a year ago) I came back to work to see that we had gotten new dentist chairs, which was great! But it meant that all the old dentist chairs we put in my nicely organized room and you could no longer even walk through the door! So, with the permission (or should I say challenge) of Dr. Summers to get rid of them, I sent out a mass text. Dr. Summers was impressed with my efficiency  :)


The chairs were given to loving homes 
(although they may not have been the nicest homes)

A few months ago Dr. Summers said he was driving home and he saw these two girls carrying something across the street. As he got closer he realized it was his dentist chair! "Now, that's not something you see every day!" When he got home he called his wife over and they watched the scene from their window. It was slow work as the girls took 3 steps and then they would stop to rest. 

I looked into this story a little more and learned that the girls were playing a prank on the boys who owned the dentist chair and were taking it to their own apartment at Kensington. The boys were more than glad to be rid of it. The girls soon discovered that the chair leaks oil. Not a good situation and I guess the boys eventually took the chair back.


I went to Ohio last weekend and when I came home, what do you think I saw? The dentist chair! Right in the middle of our living room! Apparently my FHE group had played Bigger & Better and this was their "better." The best part is that most people in the group had no idea that the chair had actually originated with me! Oh the irony!


Luckily, my FHE brother had always wanted the Dentist chair and was happy to bring it to his apartment. The chair is back in a loving home, ready for the next adventure to come its way.

The moral of the story is - what goes around, really does come around




No comments:

Post a Comment