Saturday, July 21, 2012

My First Car Accident

I got in my first car accident today!

I took bridal pictures for my old roommate Brittany and I had just picked her up from her apartment. She was all dressed up in her wedding dress, veil in place, holding her sunflower bouquet.

We turned out onto Main and another car was also turning into the same lane and we just kind of scraped by each other. Niether Brittany or I reacted to it at all. We just kind of said, "oh, we just hit that car." Typical of me - under-reacting to important things. As I was pulling over I was thinking how I didn't want to wait for the police and fill out reports and spend a bunch of money and deal with insurance and all that this accident would intail. I didn't care if my car was damaged as long as it ran fine. 

I left Brittany sitting in the car in her wedding dress and got out to quickly inspect my car as the other car pulled over as well. I couldn't see any evidence of the scrape, so I was hoping for the best as the girl came walking over from her car. She asked me if my car was ok and I told her it was fine and asked the same of hers. She replied that her car already had scratches on it and she was fine if we were fine. Then she added, motioning to Brittany, "And she has her wedding dress on." 

And that was that! 
We apologized to each other and both went our separate ways.

The end.


The moral of the story: Always remember to have someone wearing a wedding dress when you get in a car accident.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Allison! Your title gave me a heart attack, but how grateful I am that all is well. You are one lucky and very blessed woman! Glad you're safe and sound, and that your car is too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best stories! I wish my first car accident went that well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porter! you commented on my blog! This is SO exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a story! :D I really find it amusing. Getting in an accident is definitely the last thing you wouldn’t want to happen on your wedding day. Hoooh! It’s a good thing that it wasn’t a serious accident, if ever, for the both of you, especially Brittany, wouldn’t be able to meet her groom.

    ReplyDelete