Monday, July 2, 2012

Camera Fails & One Success

My brother and his family came to Rexburg last weekend, so I decided to go up/down (does it really matter!?) and spend some time with them too! I have forgotten/lost my camera every time I am with these guys, so this time I made sure to cover my bases and brought both my point-and-shoot and my Nikon.

I got there before they arrived so I could have some time to spend with friends. I have been dying to go rock climbing all summer, so Porter was so great to organize a trip for me! It was so much fun, but you could definitely tell this was my first climb of the summer. I really need to go more often.

Of course, I left my camera in the car, so I have no pictures.

Fail!

After climbing we grabbed a few more people and went out to ice cream at G's Dairy. Only half of us ended up actually eating ice cream, but it was more about being together. It was my favorite part of the night, so I made sure to document it this time!


Of course, my camera died right after I took this picture, but I still had my Nikon.

Half Fail!

Logan and Rachel and their cute kids came that night and the fun began!

I decided that I wanted to try making a movie of our adventures.
Unfortunately, my camera died about 1/8th of the way through the day. It didn't even make it though the first activity!

Fail!

It was probably for the best though, because the movie still ended up being about 15min long. My family will probably appreciate it, but everyone else can feel free to skip it, or watch the first 30 seconds and then get bored with it. I won't be offended, but you can still appreciate it  :)


Our day started out with Bear World! 
For those who don't know, Bear World is a park/zoo that you drive through and they have "wild" animals like goats, elk, a moose, and (of course) bears. It was invented because Yellowstone is boring and they were trying to compensate for the disappointed visitors who traveled hundreds of miles and all they saw was a squirrel. (That isn't a joke. It's even called Yellowstone Bear World)

Aaanyway, If you go with little kids Bear World can actually be a lot of fun! After looking at the bears we fed the ducks, went to the petting zoo (my camera died right as we went in), and then rode the little rides they have there.  

After Bear World we made a picnic and went to Porter Park to play in the splash park and ride the carousel.

Side Note: I saw my 6th grade teacher at the carousel and he told me that he tells his class about me every year and that I am a legend. He is my favorite teacher growing up... probably because I am his favorite student  :)  

After Porter Park we came home and had a barbecue with delicious hamburgers, followed by good conversation into the night. 

Can a day get much better? 
It would be tough.

Sunday was much more laid back, but I still loved every minute. 
We had another barbecue with possibly the best food and company ever!
And no documentation.

Fail! 

You can't say I didn't try.
















2 comments:

  1. I love it Al! Nice Work! You have totally inspired me to take more video. Thanks-I needed that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, that was so fun to watch! I love your song choices and the footage was great. You are so talented! We're so lucky to have you in the family.

    ReplyDelete