Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Learning to Love My Calling


It was my turn to teach sunday school and I really didn't want to teach on the priesthood. I swear, we have been talking about the priesthood for the past two months. And not just in sunday school, but also in Elders Quorum / Relief Society. As great as the priesthood is, I think we're all a little burned out on the subject. So I presented my case and asked if I could please teach something other than the priesthood. Anything! I was granted permission to choose my topic. Hallelujah!

About a year ago I started listening to conference talks as I'm getting ready in the morning.
I love doing this! It always starts my day out right and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Anyway, remember how my last General Conference experience was kind of shot?

Well, I have now officially listened to and/or read every talk in the conference Ensign! (some multiple times)

So in choosing my topic to teach on, I immediately turned to two of my favorite conference talks that I had just marked the day before.


Listen to the full talk here


I actually really enjoyed preparing for this lesson and I think it went over really well!
We were combined with another ward and I was the only teacher, so it was a huge class. I received several compliments, and am still receiving compliments! It's good for me to hear because I honestly feel so inadequate! I think I'm finally getting it down though.

I strongly encourage you to listen to the full talks.
They are amazing.

Can I just say how much I really do love General Conference?
I really do. It is so great!

Ok, that's all.

Life is good.

:)








1 comment:

  1. These are also my favorite conference talks- especially Elder Holland's. I think he said a lot of things that helped a lot of people in a very safe and open way. Lucky you for being able to teach a whole lesson around these topics!

    ReplyDelete