Thursday, June 16, 2011

Suspicious Behavior

I am taking engagement pictures for my good friends Susie and Dan tomorrow!


This was their practice shot. Be sure to check my photo blog for more upcoming pictures!

I'm planning on taking them at a park in St Anthony, so tonight I drove there with my friend, Jack, to scope the place out. We had a lot of fun walking around and then we really got into the spirit of things and decided to drive around and look at other good photography places in St Anthony. It's not a very big town, so it lended itself well to driving slowly by potential locations and flipping u-turns in the middle of the road as we would decide to take a different road last minute. It was enjoyable! We were trying to find a certain little church when I saw the lights in my rear view mirror.

"Am I being pulled over? I think I'm being pulled over! Why am I being pulled over? I didn't do anything wrong! Did I do something wrong? I didn't do anything wrong!"

I have never been pulled over before.

The police officer came over and I rolled my window down. "Is there any particular reason you didn't put your turn signal on back there?"

Are you KIDDING me!??

"No. I probably just got excited because we found the church." (It was across the street from where I was pulled over)

"Are you headed to a ward function?"

"No. We were just looking for the church."

Luckily, Jack had the sense to explain that we were looking for photography locations. Jack was fabulous through this whole thing.

I gave the police officer my license and he went back to his car. I took my camera out to document my first time being pulled over. Jack freaked out and said I couldn't do that. I tried to get him to take a picture, but he was too scared  :)

The police officer returned and told me that I looked "suspicious" driving around slowly, making u-turns, etc. He had been watching us, just waiting for me to forget to put my blinker on so that he could pull me over. I can't believe that my forst time getting pulled over was for "suspicious behavior!"

I guess I can't complain though because he let me go, and thankfully he didn't ask for my registration or anything cause I'm pretty sure I don't have that stuff.


I ended up having to take my own documenting picture, but Jack put his head in front of the cop car. Oh well, maybe next time  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment