Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chelsey & Nikole

For the past three days my roommates have been gone and I have had the apartment to myself. This might sound nice to some people, but I hate being alone. So, Yesterday I joined Chelsey and Nikoles apartment! They were so sweet to take me in! We had a fun-packed day full of adventure and I have my camera back so I could actually document it! 

notice the man back there has the same shirt as me (almost)!
Not even planned.

we had originally planned to take a hike with a group at 7:30, but it got canceled so we went to the Farmers Market instead!



Then we went on our own "hike" which I didn't know we were planning on doing, thus the clothes and shoes I am wearing. It wouldn't have been much better if I had known though - I would have been wearing my sandals instead :)


Touching the end of the hike!


We were a little hungry after, so we made a trip to Gossners! This place is magical! They have a whole cheese bar and you can sample as much as you want! Believe me, I take full advantage of it. To top it off, we got chocolate milk for 35 cents!


After a quick nap (we were still up early for the 7:30 hike before we knew it was canceled) and trip to Wal-Mart for some last minute ingredients we made homemade pizza and watched Little Rascals. They just don't make movies like they did back then. 

This is Eric getting ready to barbecue on Memorial day, which was also a way  fun day, but this is the only picture I took of it.

That was the end of my picture taking, but the fun didn't stop! I went with Chelsey to a friends game night. I made Scotcheroos (a big hit, as always) so that they would accept me, since I didn't actually know anyone there. When I walked in, who is the first person I see?  Eric/Patux! I was so glad I knew someone! We played Reverse Charades - so fun!

I went home, ready to start laundry in my empty apartment, when there was a knock at the door. (So you know, people don't come to out apartment. When someone knocks we all just stare at the door in disbelief wondering what we should do.) After getting over the initial shock of the knock, I answered it to see two guys who introduced themselves as my new neighbors! They wanted to know when church was, and this was followed by an actual conversation! This might not sound that impressive, but I think this is the first person who has made an effort to get to know me since I got here! (I know other people, but I actually met them before I even officially moved here) It was kind of a big deal to me. Unfortunately, I won't be their neighbor for much longer, but on the bright side, we will still be in the same ward!

Then I started my laundry at 11:30 at night. I painted my nails, watched Finding Neverland, and fell asleep on the couch waiting for it to finish. Kind of an anti-climactic finish, but it was a great day!


p.s. Chelsey is going to be my new roommate when I move! I am so excited! I wish Nikole was too, but she has to leave so I can move in  :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment