Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Return of my Old Friend

I used to be really into indexing. Like, really into indexing. And because I loved indexing, I decided everyone else should love it too, so I started indexing parties! I was called (finally!) as the Indexing Coordinator and our ward won first place for indexing! 

It has been six months since I moved to Logan and the bishopric has been released, but the indexing parties still continue! I know because I frequently get text messages "inviting" me, or saying they are doing it in my honor. I swell with motherly pride every time I receive one of these.... but then comes the guilt. 

I have guilt because, if I was honest, I would have to say that it has been almost a year since I last did indexing. I am ashamed.

Last Sunday, I decided to go to the Family History class and see how it was. Let me tell you how it was -  

It was like welcoming back an old friend! 

It felt so good!

Today, Indexing gave me three badge:




Looks like I got back into indexing just in time!

I am so proud  :)

Hopefully, I won't let go so easily this time (the marriage and birth certificates did me in. Thank goodness the Census reports are back) I might even get into the actual family history part of it! 

Welcome back old friend.





No comments:

Post a Comment